Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 3, 2010

FREE Printable Christmas Activity Sheet!

The kids in my English class got into the holiday spirit making these cute, Christmas trees. It's always fun incorporating crafts into our lesson because it gives them a chance to practice USING English (I'm all about learning by experience...that's why I came to Japan to study Japanese! :) ) Our focus was on following directions, using colors and shapes, and being creative.

So after folding the paper in half and cutting out our tree...

I asked them, "Find the color RED and draw some small circles. Now take out the color LIGHT BLUE and draw some squares." (Those who needed a little help could look at the board and follow my demo.) As we went through the activity, I tried to let them locate the colors and draw the shapes before I did. It was great practice and they loved making the project.

At the end I allowed them time to add their own designs and put on the final touch....

a shining star at the top! They did an amazing job and had no problem doing this activity all in English. So proud of my students...they're all such bright stars! :)

Now it's your turn. You can download the worksheet for free by clicking here. Save the picture and when you print it out be sure to select size B5 and "fit to page". Feel free to drop a line or show us some pics of your trees. :)

Have fun and happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment